Please read through the following details about the Assistant Events & Accounting Coordinator Responsibilities
The A. Ray Olpin University Union is hiring an Assistant Events & Accounting Coordinator. This role will provide the A. Ray Olpin University Union team a variety of services, including the scheduling of reservations. Preparing, coordinating and implementing all arrangements for the Union and Gardner Commons’ events and meetings. Process credit card payments and prepare daily income deposits.
- Receive telephone, in-person, and online requests for reservations and makes appropriate arrangements
- Inspect building and all room setups each morning and throughout the day to ensure that cleaning and setup has been completed prior to events
- Prepare daily reservation confirmations sheets and attends daily setup meetings, if possible
- Become familiar with setups, takedowns, audiovisual, and all Union and Gardner Commons equipment
- Assist crew as needed with setups, takedowns, trash, tables, chairs, linens, etc
- Process all credit card payment transactions for Union Accounting.
- Prepare daily deposits and turn in to University of Utah Income Accounting
- Stock and collect money from ladies vending in the Union and Gardner Commons
- Coordinate and help facilitate special projects as needed
- Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Excellent time management skills, reliable, eager to learn, self-motivated, and autonomous
- Excellent customer service, extreme attention to detail, excellent memory, and problem-solving skills
- Patient, flexible, and a positive attitude
FREE textbook rental each semester!
Part-time position up to 20hrs/week
Must be a full-time University of Utah student
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Often: Assisting with event setups, takedowns, trash, tables, chairs, linen, etc.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking, bending, reaching overhead, lifting up to 10 – 30 lb equipment